These Greek Yogourt Pumpkin Muffins are an easy option that the whole family will *FALL* for (see what I did there)? Simple, easy to make, and perfect for this time of year.
Can you believe it’s already November? I sure can’t. From shorts to long sleeves to full on coats in a blink of an eye. While the cold is most definitely not my favourite, something about this time makes me so happy. Maybe it’s the crisp coloured leaves on walks, the knit sweaters coming out of their summer hibernation, or the candles that just seem to bring ~cozy~ to life.
One thing for sure that picks up my spirits- pumpkins. Just ask my partner who rolls his eyes every time I come home with another one in hand. Yes- technically October has had its time- but that’s never stopped my pumpkin obsession- or the amount of pumpkin puree I still have in the pantry!
Are you haunted by “healthy” bakes goods?
The ones that are disappointedly dry and chewy as a sponge? Say no more! Greek yogourt takes the highlight in this recipe, keeping these muffins light, airy and moist- oh, and great for protein and a touch of tartness too! Feeling more on the sweet side? Add in some semisweet chocolate chips or raisins! Another tip I found this week is how to ripen a banana quickly- where was this all my life? If you are like me and always find a way to have perfect firm bananas when you need them ripe- try poking unpeeled bananas with a fork and then microwaving them for 30 seconds at a time on a paper towel. You can thank me later!
Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
On to the pumpkin muffin recipe! If you’re a hoarder of pumpkin puree during this time like yours truly, you can now put them to good use! Here are all of the ingredients you’ll need!
2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
1 cup Pure Pumpkin Puree
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/4 cup 2% Greek Yogurt (Plain or Vanilla)
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 2/3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Raisins or Semisweet Chocolate Chips (for some extra sweetness)
1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds (topping)
This recipe will make a dozen delectable pumpkin muffins!
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Prepare a muffin tin with cooking spray or muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas. Add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and greek yogourt.
- Beat in the oil, egg and vanilla extract and mix!
- In another bowl, whisk together the, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Place dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined, do NOT overmix. Fold in the raisins or chocolate chips (if desired).
- Distribute the batter between 12 muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove muffins from the oven and tin as soon as they are cool enough to handle. Once cooled completely, enjoy!
For all of those busy bodies out there, you are doing great! Store these muffins for up to 3 days in an air-tight container or freeze them for later! These are great for on the go and just pop these babies in the microwave after freezing to bring them bake to life!
Well, that is all for this week folks. I hope you get a chance to try these delectable treats and if you do- be sure to tell me what you think!
Happy baking everyone! Until next time!
leave a comment