This homemade chicken parmesan recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Smothered in cheesy, tomatoey goodness, and best of all, an easy to make meal that also reheats beautifully!
It is March friends! I can not believe that I am saying it- March! Spring is finally on the way, but until those warmer days arrive, cozy up with some soul-satisfying chicken parmesan! This is a quick, delicious recipe and one of my favourite comfort foods to cook up and bring to work to enjoy as leftovers. Let’s dive in!
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup season breadcrumbs
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 6 fillets (approximately 2 pounds)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
16 ounces pasta sauce
6 Monterey Jack cheese slices
2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley or basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F, lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs together. In another bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese an breadcrumbs. Dip and coat chicken breasts into beaten eggs first, then dip in breadcrumb mixture to coat on all sides.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through (about 7-9 minutes per side). Add additional oil as needed.
- Pour pasta sauce into prepared 9×13 inch baking dish. Add chicken and top each fillet with a slice of cheese and fresh parsley or basil (optional). Note: if you like your chicken crispy, feel free to just top the breasts with 1/3 cup of sauce instead!
- Bake the dish for 10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted. Enjoy!
Eat up! I hope you love this rich homemade chicken parmesan as much as I do! If you give it a try, let me know what you think in the comments below!
Until next time, happy cooking friends!
leave a comment