Come join the conversation I had with Lori Short- Zamudio a kick ass non-diet Registered Dietitian. We talk about the fourth principle of Intuitive Eating which is Challenge the Food Police on the Diet Culture Dropout Podcast.
The food police are the unreasonable rules diet culture creates. The police station is housed in your brain which shouts negative bribes, guilt inflicting food rules, and reinforces hopeless phrases. You must chase these messages, people and environments out to return to Intuitive Eating.
Are you ready to challenge the food police?
Listen to the full episode here
This episode is jam packed! Here is what we cover:
– We start off by Lori sharing extensively her identities or privileges. Adding in a few more layers of identity that have not been covered so far.
– She shares her recent experience with diet culture coming up in this non-diet dietitian’s life
– Who and what the food police is?
– When does this “food guilt” belief systems start to develop for people?
– Tips for defending the food police?
– How does one start to evaluate their belief system about food and their body?
– Along with some first steps at the process of tackling the food police
As always if you would like a question answered on a future podcast episode please send me a DM to my podcast Instagram account at @dietculturedropoutpodcast.