Sweet Potato Cauliflower Soup
This one-pot Sweet Potato Cauliflower Soup is sure to warm your stomach and your heart! It is gluten free, vegetarian and may be vegan with a modification.
There is nothing like a hot soup on a chilly day- so what better to share than a collection of belly-warming recipes? Say hello to the first soup in our lineup- Sweet Potato Cauliflower. The moment I had this soup I knew I had to share. Say farewell to bland vegetable soups and hello to this creamy soup filled with warm soul-satisfying flavours. Light but creamy-simple ingredients but blooming with flavour. Give it a try and tell me what you think in the comments below!
This delectable soup makes 6 serving, with preparation and cook time taking about 20 minutes each.
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Cauliflower, chopped finely
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato, grated
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 1 Cup Red Peppers, Sliced
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 3 Cups Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream (for topping) * skip if making vegan
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until transparent.
- Add cauliflower, sweet potatoes, celery, and red pepper, cooking until softened (about 5-10 minutes).
- Add spices paprika and thyme and combine.
- Pour in vegetable or chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Vegetables should be soft.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and mix to create this creamy, satisfying soup! Enjoy!
Happy cooking friends! We can make it through these chilly months together, one soup at a time. If you try this recipe or have any suggestions for a soup you want to see, leave a comment down below! Bye for now!
leave a comment