This week on the podcast Julie Sweeney and I discuss the heavy topic of weight stigma and fatphobia. The first of many conversations about this topic on the podcast.
What we cover in this episode:
- How do you define weight stigma and fatphobia.
- The different levels of fatphobia one can have.
- How weight stigma directly impact people’s health
- Julie shares real-life situations of weight stigma coming up for her personally and her clients.
- Share some gentle ways one can start advocating for themselves or handle these difficult situations.
- Learn about some steps people can start taking to work on their own bias.
You can connect with Julie by:
A great article Julie references in the episode is:
As always if you would like a question answered on a future episode send a DM to my podcast Instagram account at @dietculturedropoutpodcast