This week on the podcast Diet Culture Dropout I speak with Shelley Restall an eating disorder therapist in Ontario. We explore pediatric weight bias that comes from medical professionals and family members.
Here is what we cover in this episdoe:
- Explain what weight bias is
- Explore the ways weight bias is shaped and developed in our lives
- Shelly shares how this form of bias comes up in her practice from caregivers and health providers
- She explains the impact it has on kids suffering with disordered eating
- Ways parents can work on being less weight bias
- Ideas of how parents can effectively advocate for their kid in a health care setting
Connect with Shelly by:
Join the podcast community here. A safe non-diet space that keeps you updated on the latest episodes.
Follow along the podcast on Instagram at @dietculturedropoutpodcast
As always if you would like a question answered on a future episode send a DM to my podcast Instagram account at @dietculturedropoutpodcast