These easy peach muffins are bursting with flavour and make a perfect snack for the lunch pail this September.
Summer is in full swing and so is peach season! Make the most of this juicy fruit with these delicious peach greek yogurt muffins. These muffins are not only great on their own but can also be finished with a decadent crumb topping. Feeling peachy? Let’s get to the recipe!
This recipe makes 12 delicious muffins.
1 cup whole wheat flour + 1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup 2% milk
1 1/2 cups fresh peaches, rinsed and chopped
Optional Crumb Topping:
3 tbsp butter, cold
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 tbsp white sugar
3 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Prepare muffin pan with liners or grease.
- Stir dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, yogurt, vanilla, oil, and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Fold in the chopped fresh peaches and avoid over-mixing.
- Divide mixture evenly into muffin pan. FOR TOPPING: With a pastry blender, blend ingredients and sprinkle mixture evenly on the tops of each muffin. Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
You may also make a double batch and freeze to make for easy snack additions in the lunch pail.
What summer fruit is your favourite? If you give these muffins a try, let me know what you think in the comments below. Happy baking everyone!
Written by: Rachel Davidson-Evans, BASc
Reviewed by: Atheana Brown RD