This week on the Diet Culture Dropout Podcast I meet with a local psychoeducation consultant. Today’s show I am joined with Jenna Kelly from the Kawartha Lakes. To talk all about helping your child manage anxiety.
Here is what we discuss:
– Explore how anxiety may show up in a child
– Review factors that contribute to elevated states of stress and anxiety for a child
– Discuss how common it is along with the impact Covid has had
– Jenna shares what her role as a psychoeducation consultant consists of
– Some tips parents can take to help their child manage anxiety
– The current gap locally with our pediatric mental health care services
Resources stated in the show:
Affirmation cards Atheana mentioned: Glow Kiddo Glow Affirmation Deck
Join the podcast community here! A safe non-diet space that keeps you updated on the latest episodes.
Follow along the podcast on Instagram at @dietculturedropoutpodcast
As always if you would like a question answered on a future episode send a DM to my podcast Instagram account at @dietculturedropoutpodcast