Today I have the pleasure of talking with Surabhi Veitch a passionate physiotherapist located in Toronto Ontario. We talk about the much needed topic of postpartum bounce back culture. If you are a mom, mom to be or a mom deep into her postpartum journey this episode is a must for you.
Here is what we chat about in the episode:
- Surabhi shares her perspective of toxic cultural expectations of what postpartum should look like.
- Reviews the various elements that contribute to this “ridiculous idea”.
- Discuss how the medical community feeds into this bounce back culture.
- How this goal can this be harmful from a physiotherapist point of view.
- Explores how women can be safe when returning to movement.
- What women can do when they are triggered by social media, someone making a comment or a body-based inner comment comes up.
Connect with Surabhi Veitch by:
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Her workshops and free resources check them out here
You can also book a free alignment call here
Join the podcast community here! A safe non-diet space that keeps you updated on the latest episodes.
Follow along the podcast on Instagram at @dietculturedropoutpodcast
As always if you would like a question answered on a future episode send a DM to my podcast Instagram account at @dietculturedropoutpodcast