New Podcast Episode: 35. Eating Disorders 101 with Brittaney Berendsen
This week’s episode is all about Eating Disorders 101. We are honoring National Eating Disorder Awareness week which is celebrated from Feb 20-26 2023. Joined today with Brittaney Berendsen who is an eating disorder dietitian in Ontario.
Here is what we discuss:
- Statistics of how prevalent eating disorders are before the pandemic and now
- The various types of eating disorders, their prevalence and age of onset
- Brittaney shares the most common misconceptions around eating disorders
- Some truths and facts about eating disorders
- How someone struggling with an eating disorder or disordered eating can go about seeking support
- Review some resources, programs and organizations that can help support recovery
Connect with Brittaney Berendsen by: her website here
Join the podcast community here! A safe non-diet space that keeps you updated on the latest episodes.
Follow along the podcast on Instagram at @dietculturedropoutpodcast
As always if you would like a question answered on a future episode send a DM to my podcast Instagram account at @dietculturedropoutpodcast