Today we explore on the Diet Culture Dropout Podcast how making behaviour change is so difficult for humans. Learn how ambivalence in disordered eating recovery shows up for so many reasons. I am joined with Alida Iacobellis an eating disorder dietitian from Milton, ON.
Here is what we discuss:
– Review what diet culture is and highlight the lense of oppression
– Define ambivalence
– Explore how ambivalence shows up for people trying to recover from disordered eating and intuitive eating into their life?
– Discuss why is this so common for many people trying to make behaviour change
– Alida’s top 3 tips to manage and overcome ambivalence
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Behaviour Change Metaphor
- Food Freedom and Body Liberation Reading List
- @dietitians4teachers and @growing.intuitive.eaters
- Self-compassion and Self-esteem video
Instagram and Tik Tok: @moremethodnutrition
Join the podcast community here! A safe non-diet space that keeps you updated on the latest episodes.
Follow along the podcast on Instagram at @dietculturedropoutpodcast
As always if you would like a question answered on a future episode send a DM to my podcast Instagram account at @dietculturedropoutpodcast