This easy breakfast casserole is vegetarian and is sure to impress! No sautéing or messy eggs pans here folks, just delicious, fluffy, veggie packed eggs. Oh, did we mention cheesy? Let’s dig in to the recipe!
This recipe makes about 4-6 servings.
- 1/2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives + 1 tsp for garnish
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar + mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9×9 inch casserole dish with butter or cooking spray, and set aside.
- Finely chop red pepper, tomato, mushrooms, spinach, and chives.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Add the chopped veggies and stir to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle mixture evenly with cheese and chives. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the egg mixture is cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
Pure egg-cellence, isn’t it? I hope you can include this easy breakfast casserole into your recipe book. If you need more breakfast ideas check out the Pumpkin French Toast Bake or these Peach Greek Yogurt Muffins.
Enjoy the week!