Today I am joined with a fitness professional Jessie Mundell. She is sharing her personal journey about how her relationship with fitness and her body has dramatically changed over the years. Tune in to listen more about healing your relationship to movement without the side of diet culture. Most people pair dieting and rigid exercise routines together. Learn how to move away from this. Jessie is a fitness coach for pre and postnatal women helping them build strength, recover and embrace all the body changes throughout this time.
Listen to the episode here!
Here is what we chat about in episode 42. Healing Your Relationship to Movement with Jessie Mundell:
- Jessie shares about why she pursued fitness at university and further went on to complete her masters. Exploring her intention at that time. Her education and training experience that was saturated in diet culture and fatphobia.
- Reviews how she started working with clients and the shift she took to transform this from a non-diet space.
- Talk about the shifts that are happening in the gym and sport culture to be more body-inclusive.
- She shares her advice for anyone curious to get back into movement after having bad past exercise experiences rooted in diet culture.
- Strategies for anyone working to repair their relationship with movement.
- Ideas for people who reside in higher weight bodies to navigate the fitness world while being able to advocate for themselves.
To Birth and Beyond Podcast: Episode 253: Making Exercise Adjustments for Folks with Larger Bodies
Connect with Jessie by:
Her website or on Instagram @jessiemundell or her podcast To Birth and Beyond
Join the podcast community here! A safe non-diet space that keeps you updated on the latest episodes.
Follow along the podcast on Instagram at @dietculturedropoutpodcast
As always if you would like a question answered on a future episode send a DM to my podcast Instagram account at @dietculturedropoutpodcast
leave a comment