Dust off your muffin tins everyone, it’s snack time! No muffins or cupcakes here, today we are digging into some easy muffin tin snack boards this summer. Muffin tins are the root of this genius snack hack. Organized, so many possibilities, fun to fill, easy to clean, and great on the go, what’s not to love?
Here are some general snacks to include:
· Salty items
· Sweet items
· Soft items
· Crunchy items
Here are some more tips for creating easy muffin tin snack board!
Tip 1: Get the family involved. Let them shop for their favourite snacks from the store and get them to help organize them into the muffin pans to ignite their creativity!
Tip 2: Serve a variety of choices. Incorporate a variety of colours and textures to keep palates interested! Crunchy, soft, sweet, salty, let’s do it all.
Tip 3: Fill multiple cups with the same items. No need to go all out with buying new snacks, remember you can fill multiple cups with the same item. Still delicious, interesting, and maybe easier on the budget too! Use 6 or 12 cup muffins pans depending on the size you need!
Here are some snack ideas to fill up those cups!
- Fruits: banana slices, grapes, apple slices, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, melon cubes, figs, dates, raisins, mangos, peaches, cranberries, cherries, orange slices
- Vegetables: cucumber slices, baby carrots, sweet peppers, sugar snap peas, pickles, cherry tomatoes
- Meats: halved pepperettes, pepperoni, sliced deli meats, cubed chicken or meatballs
- Sweet: chex mix, gummy candies, chocolate chips, m&ms, marshmallows, cookies, mini eggs, teddy grahams, animal crackers
- Crunchy treats: popcorn, triscuits, veggie straws, chips, pretzels, nuts (pistachios, peanuts, almonds), seeds, goldfish crackers, cereals (life, cheerios), rice cakes, ritz crackers
- Other: cheese cubes and slices, juice boxes, fruit dips, vegetable dips, sliced boiled eggs
Some combos to try:
· Cheddar cheese cubes, cherry tomatoes, pretzels, pepperettes, triscuits, veggie dip, pistachios
· Apple slices, strawberries, cheese cubes, grapes, almonds, chex mix
· Marshmallows, popcorn, banana slices, strawberries, sunflower seeds, veggie straws, cucumber slices and carrots
Need some more snack inspirations?
Have you tried this muffin tin snack board hack before? Let us know your favourite combinations down below! New to this snack-ception? Let us know how it goes! Happy snacking everyone!