Did you catch this week’s latest episode on Diet Culture Dropout? Today I am joined with Leslie Schilling who is a Registered Dietitian and book author. We are exploring how diet culture comes up in places of worship. Growing largely is this purity culture in faith based communities or church brands as Leslie calls it. We explore various elements to yet another way people can be upholding and mislead by diet culture.
Here is what we discuss:
- Leslie shares various examples of how diet culture comes up in the Christian faith.
- Unpack the root of food moralization, fasting based intentions and a common scripture that is taken out of context.
- Review how diet culture has been aligned within churches and faith-based communities.
- Explore how this wellness spin on diet culture is becoming harder to recognize.
- Leslie shares her best advice for anyone navigating this situation.
- We talk about the new book she is releasing called Feed Yourself
Sarah Bessie’s books
Connect with Leslie by:
Her new book Feed Yourself which will be available August 1 2023.