These chewy, chocolatey Easter-themed Mini Egg cookie bars make a great activity for kids! Easy, quick, and a recipe the whole family will love. Happy Spring!
The sun is shining and the world has finally begun to defrost! With the arrival of Spring comes the arrival of delicious Easter recipes, just like this one! This time of year makes me want two things- mini eggs and Easter egg hunts! No matter how old my family is, our annual Easter egg hunt is mandatory- where my favourite chocolate treats are always at the centre of attention. Today, I had to share my recipe for Mini Egg Cookie Bars. Soft on the inside, crispy on the outside, and as good as they look!
This recipe makes 16 4×4 inch mini egg cookie bars, requires only 15 minutes of prep time, and is kid-friendly for the family to join in. What are we waiting for?! Let’s dive in!
- 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups Mini Eggs + handful for topping + snacking on while making
- 1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a 9×9 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set Aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt until combined. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish. Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in the white and brown sugar until dissolved and smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. Once combined, mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt mixture.
- Finally, stir in the mini eggs and chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough evenly in the pan and sprinkle with a handful of mini eggs for decoration if desired. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the top and edges are golden brown.
- Let the cookie cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Slice and enjoy!
I hope you love these ooey gooey mini egg cookie bars as much as my family and I do! These are delicious microwaved after they are cooled and my favourite with a cup of tea. To store, keep these delectable bars in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days, but in my experience- you won’t need to!
What is your go-to recipe or tradition this time of year? If you try these mini egg cookie bars out, tell me what you think in the comments below! Or tag me in your Instagram stories at @peacefullynoutrished.
Happy Easter and happy baking everyone, see you soon!
leave a comment