Today I am taking an environmental spin on the podcast. Talking with Ange Defosse who is the owner of Harlowe Green about reducing your lunch pail carbon footprint. If you are curious to learn more about how one can move towards a litter less lunch join the podcast this week for our conversation. Ange is an environmentalist, low waste advocate and my older sister.
#49. Reducing Your Lunch Pail Carbon Footprint with Ange Defosse
Here is what we discuss:
- Start by defining what a carbon footprint or carbon budget is?
- Explore the many ways our carbon footprint has gotten larger. Discuss the initial ideas of what a litter less lunch was in the Covid days. Along with why we should work towards bringing them back.
- Review all the how to’s of bulk shopping. Along with tangible ways to get started. do better here. Explore how this may modify grocery shopping habits following a new bulk shopping routine.
- Review common questions people have around storage, freezing and organizing their food. Ange shares the environmental impact certain ingredients have that are common amongst ready to eat foods.
- Discuss some tips for families that have food allergies within the home and ways they can be included in litter less lunch packing.
Connect with Ange Defosse by:
Her blog Zero Waste Adventures
Join the podcast community here! A safe non-diet space that keeps you updated on the latest episodes.
Follow along the podcast on Instagram at @dietculturedropoutpodcast
As always if you would like a question answered on a future episode send a DM to my podcast Instagram account at @dietculturedropoutpodcast