Today’s podcast episode is a deep dive into the intersections of emotion regulation and disordered eating. Joined with Erin McGuinty a Social Worker and Psychotherapist from Ottawa.
A big aspect to disordered eating recovery is learning to regulate your emotions. Emotions are a big part of our human experience. Not everyone is taught at a young age about how to regulate their emotions effectively. So it can be an extra layer of challenge when faced with disordered eating behaviours.
51. Emotion Regulation with Erin McGuinty
Here is what we discuss in the episode:
- Explain what emotion regulation is
- Review the various ways we can regulate our emotions
- Explore why the emotion regulation piece is so vital for many when working on disordered eating
- Take a moment and explain attachment theory and review how it impacts how we regulate our emotions Erin explains what attachment-focused therapy looks like
- How this all relates to intuitive eating
- Lastly, Erin shares three ways people can incorporate when they are working towards managing their emotions
Connect with Erin McGuinty by:
Instagram at @erinmcguintytherapy
Email at erin@Erinmcguintytherapy.com
Join the podcast community here! A safe non-diet space that keeps you updated on the latest episodes.
Follow along the podcast on Instagram at @dietculturedropoutpodcast
As always if you would like a question answered on a future episode send a DM to my podcast Instagram account at @dietculturedropoutpodcast